Wednesday, June 3, 2009

SURPRISE -A FRESH NEW LOOK AT MARKETING?


 Being a copywriter with a degree in MBA ....i have learnt the basics of marketing. With my experience working and handling clients for different advertising agencies and brands has given me an exposure that no copywriter would get by sitting as a full timer in a single advertising agency. 

we are in a time where advertising has importance only if you are a big spender like Hindustan Unilever to spend 450 crore as advertising budget.....


I find our markets are filled with similiar products, there is no more place for Positions, Technology and R&D departments producing UNIQUE SELLING PROPOSITIONS that are not unique anymore,  Price Discounts, Buy 1 - Get 3 offers, Buy Fridge you could get a chance to dine with an ESKIMO kind of offer, Dine with Asin, Date with Aamirkhan.... there is huge list. 


I know there are people who dont agree with me and Brand Positioning and USP still works. I completely disagree with you...after reading this book you will completely agree with me too. 


Ok in that case, Every Advertiser thinks how i am gonna retain my consumer? How am i Gonna Beat my Equal c0mpetitor? 
This series will answer these Questions? 


its all about advertiser who made a difference in the market like a magician 
its all about Marketing Mangers who had a genuine interest on consumers 
its all about the basic idea that Companies not selling products to consumers, its people giving values to people. 


I think this intro is enough. now get into SURPRISE!


Imagine a husband who forgot to kiss his wife for 30 days because of work pressure or i would say he has taken for granted. 
one fine sunday morning he wakes up early, prepares coffee and grabs a cup for his wife 
goes to bed , wakes her up and says " I LOVE YOU HONEY" and a kiss on forehead that shows She means a lot in her life. 
can you see the glitter in her eyes, the surprise in her face.....
yes that's what i am gonna talk about in this series.

if you still don' t believe this can be done in marketing.
wait for my SURPRISE NO.1



No comments: